Let’s Help Them to Hear!
The Foundation supports the development of children with impaired hearing, presenting them with high quality digital hearing aids and caring for the welfare of the families of these children.
The main objective of the “Let’s Help Them to Hear!” programme is to encourage the development and social integration of children with hearing problems by giving them high quality digital hearing aids. Support is also provided for other hearing health care projects that promote the attainment of the programme's objectives.
Programme Target Audience
The Foundation reviews applications for the awarding of hearing aids to children up to 18 years of age with diagnosed I-V hearing impairment, if the need for the hearing aid, its auxiliary device or the repair of the device has been determined by a doctor providing treatment at the Latvian Children’s Hearing Centre.
The Foundation presents multi-channel digital hearing aids to children whose parents or guardians cannot afford them, so that quality hearing aids are bought within the period recommended by the doctor after the diagnosis of impaired hearing or its progression.
Donations for the “Let’s Help Them to Hear!” programme are attracted throughout the year, specifying that the donation is intended for the Let’s Help Them to Hear programme in the payment objective. In addition, every year the Foundation organises a Christmas Charitable Campaign during which ABLV Charitable Foundation from its reserves adds at least one euro to each euro received during the campaign. During the Christmas Campaign, ABLV Bank employees, clients and members of the general public, who have received information about the campaign and wish to support it, are invited to make donations. Every quarter, the Foundation collates information about donations received, as well as the work done under the auspices of the programme, and publishes it in the section of its homepage: www.ablv.org devoted to the programme “Let’s Help Them to Hear!”.
In light of the fact that the Foundation has been awarded the status of a public benefit organisation, residents of the Republic of Latvia who make donations to the “Let’s Help Them to Hear!” programme are entitled to receive tax relief.
Applications for support from the ABLV Charitable Foundation under the auspices of the “Let’s Help Them to Hear!” programme can be made by visiting a doctor at the Latvian Children’s Hearing Centre. Subject to the corresponding diagnosis from the doctor, during the visit parents have the opportunity to fill out an application in Latvian or Russian for the receipt of a hearing aid, which is addressed to the ABLV Charitable Foundation. The Latvian Children’s Hearing Centre will forward the application from the parent or guardian and the doctor’s diagnosis regarding the condition of the child’s hearing health to the Foundation.
In order to aspire to hearing aids presented by the Foundation, the person submitting the application must conform to at least one of the following criteria (in priority order):
- The child's family (household) has been awarded the status of an impoverished family (person) by the relevant municipality, in conformity with the requirements laid down in regulatory enactments;
- The child’s family (household) has been deemed to be vulnerable by the relevant municipality, in conformity with the requirements laid down in regulatory enactments;
- The family has several children with impaired hearing;
- Awarding a hearing aid to the child would significantly improve the opportunities for this family's (household's) adults who are deaf/hard of hearing to communicate with society at large;
- The family’s financial resources preclude it from buying a quality digital hearing aid for the child.
The Foundation’s representative is entitled to contact the applicant in order to clarify information related to the making of the relevant decision.
Applications are only accepted together with a doctor's diagnosis from the Latvian Children's Hearing Centre.
Decision-Making on the Gift of a Hearing Aid or Rejection of the Application for Support
The Foundation’s decision-making body will review all applications received and decide whether or not to present a hearing aid to the relevant applicant. After the decision has been made, parents will be informed of the decision within 5 (five) business days by calling the phone number specified in the application or by e-mail.
- 2017 quarter I, II and III operating report for the programme “Let’s help them to hear!”
- 2016 annual report for the programme “Let’s help them to hear!”
- 2015 annual report for the programme "Let's help them to hear!"
- 2014 annual report for the programme "Let's help them to hear!"
- 2013 annual report for the programme "Let's help them to hear!"
We invite donations to the programme "LET’S HELP THEM TO HEAR!"
Foundation “ABLV Charitable Foundation”
Reg. No. 40008108111
ABLV Bank, A/S
Acc. No. LV75AIZK0001130082670 (for donors who consent to receive a public expression of gratitude)
Acc. No. LV91AIZK0000020082670 (for donors who wish to remain anonymous)
A donation to programme LET’S HELP THEM TO HEAR